Mild Steel Bright Bar Easily Welded with Good Ductility
Mild steel bright bar with lower carbon content, is easy to be welded. It's used in pipeline industry.
Mild steel bright bar is manufactured by the production process of cold drawn, heat treatment, peeling, straightening, grinding and polished. It is produced on the basis of black steel. It has closer dimension - better straightness and flatness. Yet it keeps the advantage of steel bar, such as high tensile strength, corrosive resistance. Mild steel bright bar is widely used in food processing equipment, heavy engineering, railway and so on.
Mild steel bright bar containing nominally maximum 0.20% carbon is manufactured on the basis of plain carbon steel bar with the production process of cold drawn, precision ground & polished. It can be welded easily by conventional processes.
- Type: round.
- Size: diameter 6 mm - 90 mm.
- Size tolerance: h6, h7, h8, h9, h10, h11 or as per specific requirement.
- Length: 100-9000 mm.
- Normal length tolerance: max. 1 mm/m, min. 0.8 mm/m or by agreement.
Mild steel bright bars with the feature of high tensile strength and corrosion resistance are used for nuts, rivets, studs and bolts.
Mild steel bright bars are packed with abrasion resistance pads and iron straps. It's used in heavy engineering and railway.
|Data||0.16-0.18%||0.40% max.||0.70-0.90%||0.040% max.||0.040% max.|
|Element||Max. stress||Yield stress min.||0.2% proof stress min.||Elongation min.|
|Parameter||400-560 N/mm2||300-440 N/mm2||280-420 N/mm2||10-14%|
|Note: The parameter of mechanical property is in cold drawn condition.|
|Standard||AS 1443-2004||JIS G 4051 S20C||W.Nr 1.1151 CK 22,
W.Nr 1.0402 C 22
|BS 970 – 1955 EN 3B,
BS 970 Part 3 – 1991 070 M 20
ASTM A29/29M – 91 1020,
UNS G 10200
|No.||Diameter mm||Weight kg/m||No.||Diameter mm||Weight kg/m|
Hardness of mild steel bright bar is tested by a professional instrument.
Mild steel bright bar is made by the process of annealed, peeling, straighten, grinding and polished.
Features of mild steel bright bar
- Good ductility. Lower carbon containment makes the bright bar keep good ductility.
- High tensile strength. Nominally 0.20% carbon is supplied in the cold drawn, precision ground or turned & polished condition. It increases the tensile strength.
- Sturdy construction. The molecular structure is not damaged, even in heat treatment.
- Against-corrosion. At the end of surface process, it's coated with oil to resist rust and corrosion.
- Easy welded.
Bright mild steel bar has the advantage of smooth surface, high tensile strength, corrosion resistance, so it's usually made into nuts, rivets, studs, bolts, self tapping screws, automobile components to be used in the area of heavy engineering, pipeline industry, railways, and so on.